The Unitarian Society of New Haven
700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden CT 06517
The Unitarian Society of New Haven (USNH) is a liberal religious congregation with approximately 349 adult members. We are a diverse multi-generational faith community that inspires lives of compassion and generosity, nurtures spiritual growth, cultivates transformative connections, and works to create a more just world.
We seek a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to prepare and clean up from our Sunday morning fellowship hour in collaboration with volunteers. www.USNH.org
- Prepare coffee, tea, and snacks for Sunday morning fellowship hour.
- Work with congregation volunteers to coordinate Sunday morning fellowship hour, including distribution of coffee and snacks and clean up.
- Ensure that all food service and storage areas are clean and tidy.
- Support volunteers on other Sunday morning hospitality events (Breakfasts, Receptions, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift at least 40 pounds, and unload and move food, beverages, supplies, and dishes.
- Enjoys working with people.
- Is flexible and dependable.
- Is willing and able to accept direction.
- Able to properly operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Able to follow and understand written and oral instructions.
- Can provide instructions to volunteers.
- Able to assess cleanliness of dishes and food contact surfaces.
- Able to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Requires satisfactory criminal background and reference checks.
- Prior experience with Unitarian Universalism not required.
- Not open to congregation members.
Initiative: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and energetic.
Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships; works well with people.
Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; respects the time of others; appropriately balances priorities.
Verbal Communication: Is able to deliver a message clearly in a variety of settings; uses appropriate communication styles.
Motivating Others: Motivates congregation volunteers; invites shared input and decision making; makes each individual feel that his/her work is important.
Hours: Part-time hourly position, Sunday mornings except the first Sunday of each month
- September-Mid-June hours: 5 hours/week. 8:30 am-1:30 pm.
- Summer hours: 4 hours/ week – 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Reporting: The Hospitality Coordinator reports to the Congregational Administrator.
To Apply: Email resumé and cover letter to: personnel@USNH.org. Please include the words Hospitality Coordinator in the subject line. Please do not telephone the congregation.